Value Line Data
Historical data — unbiased and comprehensive
Dating back to 1955, Value Line Data offers Professional clients the ultimate in comprehensive historical fundamental data, spanning companies in approximately 100 industries. Updated weekly, Value Line Data products consist of more than 450 annual and 150 quarterly data fields, covering approximately 6,000 active companies traded in North America, including those in key benchmark indices such as the S&P 500 Index and Russell 3000.
Why Value Line data?
Everything you need to avoid the mistakes of the past, make sound decisions today, and profit in the future:
- Coverage on more companies than any bank or brokerage house we know of.
- Includes everything from full balance sheet and income statement data to capital and equity structure.
- Historical data is “as reported”, not restated, so that you can backtest models and validate theories reliably.
- Always includes historical data for delisted stocks...the inclusion of this data in backtesting models or strategies ensures that analysis will be survivorship bias free.
- Integrate your data with Value Line historical data and incorporate results into your own proprietary models or spreadsheets.
- Access our estimates and ranks on approximately 3,500 stocks, as well as aggregate information on 100 industries — the same group covered by the incomparable Value Line Institutional Survey. The file contains year-ahead estimates and 3- to 5-year projections of company financial results and stock price performance, developed by Value Line’s team of highly regarded independent analysts.
- Time-tested Value Line ranks — TimelinessTM, Technical, and SafetyTM — are included, as are Performance ranks on thousands of additional stocks.
Grow your client base with value line data products
Since our founding during the Great Depression, Value Line has been committed to increasing clients’ revenue in both good times and bad. Value Line Data, the foundation of this profitable success, has been proven to:
- Instill confidence in clients using Value Line’s proven reputation for unbiased research and insightful analysis.
- Keep you ahead of the competition.
- Help you explore new strategies with confidence.
- Ultimately, raise your portfolio value.
Value Line Data Products
VALUE LINE’S ESTIMATES AND PROJECTIONS DATAFILE
Value Line's Estimates and Projections DataFile contains the advanced intelligence of The Value Line Investment Survey. Our analysts provide proprietary estimates for the quarter(s), year(s), and 3 to 5 years out on approximately 1,700 stocks. This coverage includes the Value Line Ranking System for Timeliness and Safety, which has been unsurpassed for five decades.
VALUE LINE's CUSTOM DATAFILE SERVICES
Value Line’s Professional Services offers custom data programs for clients who are seeking specific data elements over a certain period of time. A Professional Services Specialist can work with you to customize the data fields and formats that will best reflect your investment strategies. Choose from hundreds of data fields or just a few — Value Line’s vault of proprietary investment data will allow you to make sound investment decisions for your clients.
Value Line’s Fundamental DataFile
Value Line's Fundamental DataFile covers approximately 6,200 U.S. and foreign public companies, including all those in key benchmark indices such as the S&P 500 Index and Russell 3000. It provides more than 450 fields of extensive “as reported” annual data from 1955 and quarterly data from 1963 consisting of 150 items for select companies. All data, except “earnings”, reflect the actual figures reported to us. “Earnings” are normalized when appropriate. This service is updated weekly and is fully adjusted for stock splits, stock dividends, company name, ticker and CUSIP changes. We also provide special reporting formats for financial firms such as banks and insurers.
Value Line’s ETF DataFile
Value Line’s extensive ETF database contains the complete roster of every U.S.-listed ETF. This includes all rebalancing, cash components, excluded assets, and distributions automatically adjusted for on a daily basis. The data also includes the Total Return (TR) of the ETF and the TR of the corresponding underlying index on a daily basis. ETFs are added and corresponding data made available usually by the first day of trading.
VALUE LINE’S mutual fund DATAFILE
Value Line's Mutual Fund DataFile covers 20,000 of the most popular equity and bond funds with historical data going back more than 20 years. This database provides monthly pricing, basic fund contact information, weekly performance data, sector weights, holdings data, historical monthly returns, per share data and much more. This database also includes Value Line's proprietary Risk Rank and Overall Rank. This information is available on a monthly basis and is delivered in Microsoft Access format.
VALUE LINE’S Convertibles DATAFILE
Value Line's Convertibles DataFile has the largest universe of information available and remains unique in its depth and breadth of coverage in this highly specialized market. This product covers approximately 550 convertible bond and preferred issues, including fundamental and proprietary data items on each, including Value Line's own evaluations. These convertibles are updated 24 times per year.